8 Super Bowl Fun Facts
• 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday
• 14,500 tons of chips are eaten along with that guacamole
• Of the top 10 most watched American television programs of all time, nine of them are Super Bowls
• The Super Bowl is measured in Roman numerals because a football season runs over two calendar years
• Over 700,000 footballs are produced annually for official NFL use and 72 of them are used for the Super Bowl
• It is the 2nd most watched sporting event in the world. More than 100 million people worldwide watch the Super Bowl every year. In fact, Super Bowl XLIV in 2010 unseated M*A*S*H’s series finale as the most watched show in television history with over 106.5 million watchers.
• One 30-second commercial aired during the Super Bowl costs at least $2,800,000
• The NFL has a policy against holding Super Bowl games in stadiums that have a climate of less than 50 degrees Fahrenheit, unless it is an enclosed stadium.
• 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super…