The Crutchfield Dermatology and University of Minnesota Medical School and Dermatology Department
Skin of Color Practicum
As a Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the University of Minnesota Medical School, Charles E. Crutchfield III, M.D. has established a partnership between the University of Minnesota Medical School and Department of Dermatology and The Crutchfield Dermatology Clinic in Eagan, Minnesota.
The Crutchfield Dermatology Skin of Color Practicum will be offered to (second semester) 2nd-year dermatology residents and 3rd-year dermatology residents.
The objective of the practicum is to expose and educate the residents on the correct diagnosis and the most effective and novel treatments for treating skin conditions presenting in patients with Skin of Color.
One resident would be in the clinic for 4-8 hours daily over a 1–2-week period. The UMN Dermatology department and Dr. Crutchfield would determine the exact times.
The residents would receive the following as part of their curriculum:
- A review of common skin conditions and the different clinical appearances in various hues of skin
- The conventional medical-dermatologic approach to treating conditions in skin of color
- The study of common skin conditions and the various clinical appearances in different hues of skin
- Conditions uniquely and commonly encountered in Skin of Color.
- Comprehensive and novel therapeutic approaches in treating common and challenging conditions in Skin of Color.
- A comprehensive review of setting up a private practice with business management principles and objectives dedicated to serving Skin of Color patients
- A comprehensive approach to the aesthetic treatment of patients with Skin of Color. This includes but is not limited to laser treatments, botulinum toxins, fillers, platelet-rich plasma treatments, and other leading-edge aesthetic approaches.
- The residents would receive in-office didactic discussions, a formal lecture, and a final oral examination/discussion.
We look forward to offering a rich and rewarding educational experience for the dermatology residents as they gain comfortable expertise in EthoDermatology, ultimately allowing them to provide their Patients of Color with exceptional care.
Dr. Crutchfield is a member or graduate of these prestigious organizations.This demonstrates his education, experience, performance and commitment to providing his patients with the highest quality dermatologic, medical, laser, aesthetic and cosmetic skin care. When choosing a physician, demand nothing less. Remember..... "Quality Matters"
1185 Town Centre Drive Suite 101 Eagan, MN 55123
Call for appointment: 651-209-3600 Fax: 651-209-3601
© Crutchfield Dermatology
All Photographs are copyright protected, unauthorized use is prohibited.
Eagan, MN Dermatologist
Derm Image Atlas
Lip Enhancement Images
Liquid Face Lift